Saturday, 10 September 2011

New Stuff

We recorded a couple of new songs this week. One on Thursday and one this morning. It's hard to be objective about this kind of thing - given that I'm kinda involved and all - but I think they're both pretty good. Lyrically they're very much cut from the same cloth. Heh, I have no idea why I've started talking in metaphors a lot more recently. It's a habit I'm gonna have to kick. Hmmm, is the habit-kicking thing another metaphor? Christ, I'm in trouble.

Anyway, these songs, I feel they're definitely up there with the better things we've done. Although I should probably stop going on about them now as even I can see that I'm coming across like a big old prick. But, then again, fuck it... it's my party and I'll cry if I want to. It's a blog! Sometimes it's okay to write about this kind of stuff. I can also mention that I had some very nice German pate on toast earlier if I want to. And I do... and I did. Two slices, with black pepper. Deal with it. I did. I dealt with it good. Orally. It was a garlicky pate... not really my ideal choice, but I guess you can't always get what you want. On the plus side it was in cute little sausage form, the pate, and I've never had the pleasure of doing the whole stab and spread thing before, so that was nice.

Of the new stuff, one of them is called Our Separate Ways and the other is called Tonight. Neither of them are the kind of thing that I want to be writing (i.e. upbeat catchy pop!) but I'm proud of both of them. Hopefully I can post them soon, and then I can go on about whether or not what passes for my lyrics are full of mundane & obvious clich├ęs, or just very direct. I'd like to think it's the latter, but I don't know. I guess that stylistically and thematically both of the songs are very much related to this one. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment