Tuesday, 3 May 2011

The Universal Meh.

RE: The death of Osama Bin Laden...
Well I can't speak for anybody else here, but I went out and sat in the little park opposite my flat yesterday and, well... well I can tell you this much... for the first time in a decade I was not afraid. Not afraid. Get that? No? Ok, let me say it again. I. Was. Not. Afraid. Make a note of that. No urge to take a quick peek underneath the bench or behind the bush before I sat down. No terror-induced cold sweats from looking at every pram that went past, wondering whether or not his bearded face was lurking in there. Yup, at last the monumental, earth-shattering news we'd all been waiting for had finally filtered through. Bin Laden was dead. Terror was over, and everything had changed. We were free. Blah blah blah. Stuff about terrorism. Blah. Islamic fundamentalism, blah blah blah. Extremism. Blah blah.

Quite.


On a serious note though, it doesn't even feel like news. It's The Universal Meh.


THIS on the other hand most certainly does feel like news. Won't stop Morning Mr. Magpie being crap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment