Monday, 15 March 2010

Still waiting on a reply to an email I sent last week regarding some studio space thingy. The TAP project in Southend... don't imagine we'll stand a chance but it was worth a go. Anyway, I've noticed that, whenever you're hoping for an email, the only ones you'll ever get are from eBay or fucking PayPal. Heh. Nothing worse... you log into your account and see there's something in the inbox. The hopes go up. Maybe you smile. You click it... and there it is...

"Adam Gardner, wave goodbye to cheques and send money online for free"

Thoroughly depressing. Especially regarding this particular email. I thought she'd reply straight away... I'm sure it's the right email address as I've had dealings with her before over a similar thing. I just find it odd that a young creative woman doesn't check her emails on a regular basis. Seems highly unusual to me - especially when you're a practising artist and the email address is the admin one from your website. But, anyway, probably a logical answer to it all. I'm definitely reading too much into the delay, I know that. I mean, maybe some people are just busy, as much of an alien concept as it is to me. Heh, I forget that other people have lives of their own to lead.

Ha. I must've gone about 3 years without receiving a single email... not one... but I'd still check my account everyday. So, in essence... pull yer socks up, lady!

Out on another trip tomorrow - the Saatchi and then Tate Britain for the Chris Ofili show. Should be a good day. Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to the ticket-buying malarkey at the station though. It's, like, one of the easiest things in the world to buy a train ticket... yet, ask for groupsaver travelcards at Benfleet and you're well and truly fucked. I mean, there can't be many things c2c staff enjoy more than that. I hate it. They make it so difficult for you. Always the same. It's blindingly obvious that you're four people in a group; therefore you will probably wish to pay only your share of the fare. Everybody pays their share... no problem. However, they will insist on taking the full amount. They'll begrudgingly break the sum down for you on a conveniently placed calculator, but I'll never understand why - when the change is clearly visible next to the cashier - they won't allow each person to pay their share separately. Because, yeah, it's not difficult to work out - I understand that - but, when you've got students who aren't really familiar with what's going on, it quickly becomes a nightmare. You end up standing there for far longer than you would if the cashier just used some common sense and helped you. Of course, they never will. It's enjoyment. I see it in their eyes.

Another little train-related irritation is people who stand up in the carriage and walk towards the doors long before the train has stopped. It's like they're thinking OH GOD, I CAN'T BEAR TO BE ON THIS TRAIN FOR ONE MORE SECOND. I NEED TO GET OUT. I MUST GET OUT FIRST. LORD, LET ME OUT FIRST. PLEASE. I CAN'T STOMACH THIS JOURNEY ANY LONGER... I WAS FINE FOR THE LAST 47 MINUTES, BUT THIS... THIS... THIS IS TOO MUCH! DON'T MAKE ME DO ANOTHER ONE. PLEASE... LORD, PLEASE... I'LL DO ANYTHING. I CAN'T DO A 48TH. OH GOD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. NO MORE. NO MORE PLEASE. PLEASE GOD, LET ME OUT. FIRST... I NEED TO BE FIRST!

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment