Saturday, 4 April 2009

Two weeks off work now. It's holiday, not disease. Not sure what I'm gonna do for most of it, although I suspect I'll probably waste it. I've come to realise that I'm good at doing that. I've armed myself with a couple of books to keep me going, as well as two mirrors (with the possibility of a further three for free!) and some Cat Stevens. It's going to be wild.

On the 18th I'm going to a wedding reception with some people from work. It's for a guy named Surinder and I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I'm going to be driving, provided the mini can rise to the occasion. At the moment it's causing me grief. The accelerator pedal is still playing up and it's starting to get to me. This afternoon I was almost moved to tears. The car's also in dire need of a stereo... I mean, it has one, but it's just a radio/cd player and it tends to jump every few seconds whenever you put a cd in. This is due to mini's having virtually no suspension, and isn't helped by the fact that it's mounted in an area that's most affected by this lack of suspension. It skips even on the smoothest of road surfaces and it's starting to get to me now. It's such a small thing, listening to music in a car, but it's so essential... and after 8 months of silence I'm becoming desperate. I went through a phase of listening to radio but, other than Chris Evans, it's not very interesting. I prefer to listen to the engine. I find myself being overly critical of everything when I drive now. Changing gears, braking, whatever... I've become too aware of it all. My journey into town this morning was soured by the very first change from 1st into 2nd. There was a slight grind, although it could have been loud enough to be a crunch. I'm not 100%. My plan is to put in a simple cassette player and that will be the end of it. I need music again... I'm fed up of driving with a running commentary. I don't know why I'm writing this. Maybe this is a new low. Well done on reading it though.

I feel I should include some contemporary news, maybe some current affairs, as these entries of mine are always so mundane and generally pointless. If anything, they're becoming more so with each one. So, yeah, that Michelle Obama... saw her on the tv. And this credit crunch... oh man, when will it end? And what about this premier league? It's just so premier at the moment.

Well that's put things into context.

No comments:

Post a Comment