Sunday, 5 April 2009

Sadly this post will be the last mention of my accelerator pedal for the time being. I know, I know. It's because it's finally been fixed... with whatever was lurking inside the cable casing having been flushed out with plenty of oil and a good old fashioned bout of thrusting. I was debating whether or not I should write about this... as I know that this particular issue been a real goldmine as far as my blog writing goes. Of course, I can't speak on behalf of anybody else, but I've been absolutely captivated by the whole affair. Riveted even. I've been glued to the screen wondering what I'm going to write next. It's been explosive stuff. Maybe I could have stretched it out for a few more days, really mined that shit for all it's worth. But, hey, I've got to stay true to myself. I've got to keep things real... gotta keep these feet firmly on the ground... and, as they say, all good things must come to an end. So, yeah, I'm sorry to say goodbye to this one. But the upshot is that it's like driving a different car; i.e. really fun. I don't want to keep going on about it, but it really was bugging me and making driving a hassle, so it's great to have it back to its best. Also I don't remember it ever being quite as smooth as it is now, but I could be wrong. Blah blah blah...

I've also sorted out the radio problem. It was a productive morning. We had an old Rover cassette player in the garage that has somehow managed to withstand about five years worth of damp. It's perfect for the job really, and looks so much better than the token CD player that I had hanging there doing nothing. So, all in all, I'm pleased with the car again... I can drive without having to think about the act of driving and I can listen to music of my own choosing. I didn't think that life could be this good. Unfortunately it can only go downhill from here. That's a shame. I guess all I need to do now is get the exhaust sorted and that might just halt my inevitable slide into depression, alcoholism, and, eventually, my premature death at the hands of a pair of giant hands. Hold on a minute. That's it... Maybe the exhaust saga can fill the gaping void that will be left by the accelerator pedal. It's going to be great: It will hit the kind of heights the accelerator pedal affair could never even dream of. Brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment