Sunday, 22 March 2009

The accelerator cable just snapped in my car. Luckily I wasn't driving at the time, because I almost certainly would have shit myself and ended up either killing someone or being killed, or a mixture of the two. It's a bit of a pain in the arse... means I'll have to train it to work the next couple of days... but I suppose I should be glad that it's at least one (potentially huge) problem avoided. After all, there would have been a fatality.

The peddle had been sticking over the last few days, so that, when I took my foot off the accelerator in order to brake or change gear, it was still slightly engaged and revving. I could drive along at 30 and take my foot off the accelerator without the car slowing down. I had to keep hooking my foot underneath the peddle to pull it back up. It wasn't ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment