Sunday, 14 December 2008

I love the shops you go in which have those large mirrors around their escalators, so you can see yourself gradually sliding in or out of view... or both. The only thing that could make them any better is if they had one of those cameras like you see in theme parks where they shoot you when you're flailing your arms about like a scared little girl on one of the rides and then try to sell it to you when you get off. That'd be great. Everytime you left a shop you'd have the option of having a little photo or a little keyring capturing that magical moment where you were transported between floors without moving your legs.

We went into Woolworths too, but I had to leave straight away because I couldn't handle it. All I could think of as I looked around at all the people slowly inching their way through the store was what the poor staff must have been thinking. I know what I'd be thinking if I were in their shoes... probably something like: Where were you lot when we fucking needed you? or something similar. It felt like everybody was sniffing around a corpse or something. It felt morally wrong just to be standing in there. I had to get out.

I mentioned the word 'transported' earlier and it reminded me of something I was thinking about a couple of days ago when I was driving. It's nothing earth-shattering in the least but this feels like as good a time as any to release it into the wider world. Okay, so I was thinking about what exactly makes a car a good car, and after much thought I decided that a good car is... a car that gets you from A to B without ever leaving the comfort of A. It sounded quite cool at the time, and I think that it makes sense on some kind of level too, even if it does tell me that my car is rubbish. After all, at the present time I count myself extremely lucky if my car takes me anywhere from A, nevermind any of that comfort shit. Heh.

Got an emergency first aid course tomorrow. It'll probably be a horrible day all round... but at least I'll get to lock lips with a plastic doll, so that's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment